VOX Restaurant places seasonal New Nordic Cuisine at the forefront. Through winter, summer, spring, and autumn, you can enjoy the season‘s best. Above all, we shop for native Icelandic ingredients and use organic produce whenever possible.
We only use ingredients that are easy to access and that come from our local surroundings. Wholesome food is a big part of the VOX experience, and we do our best to use cream and butter in just the right quantities and only where appropriate.
Creativity is a key at VOX, helping us reach our goal of unique Nordic Cuisine at its finest. With tireless effort and ever-growing experience, we aspire to manitain VOX‘s position at the forefront for many years to come.
Manifesto for the New Nordic Kitchen
As Nordic chefs, we decided that the time has come for us to create a New Nordic Kitchen, In virtue of its good taste and special character, our kitchen measures up to the standards of the greatest kitchens of the world.
The purposes of the New Nordic Kitchen are as follows:
- To express the purity, freshness, simplicity and ethics that we would like to associate with our region.
- To reflect the different seasons in the meals.
- To base cooking on raw materials that characterize our climate, landscape, and waters.
- To combine the demand for good taste with modern knowledge of health and wellness.
- To promote Nordic products and the variety of Nordic producersand to convey the cultures behind them.
- To promote the welfare of the animals, a sound production in the sea, and the sustainable cultivation of local, natural landscapes.
- To innovate new applications of traditional Nordic food products.
- To combine the best Nordic cooking procedures and culinary traditions with ouside inspirations.
- To combine local self-sufficiency with regional exchange of high-quality goods.
- To cooperate with representatives of consumers, fellow cooking craftsmen, agriculture, the fishing industry, food industry, retail and wholesale industries, researchers, teachers, politicians, and authorities on this joint project to the benefit and advantage of all in the Nordic countries.
Click here for further information about the Manifesto of New Nordic Cuisine.